Monday, January 21, 2013

A Thousand Years

I have fought a thousand wars barehanded.
I have killed & I have conquered, but I have yet to be victorious.

Their armor is solid; their artillery is vast.
I fill my lungs and lift my head one last time.
For this time, I will be the last one standing.

They will not defeat me for I am fearless.
I am not scared and I will not fall.
They appear on the horizon and march towards me.
I stare, penetrating every molecule of their being.

Scars cover my body. My hands are wrapped in blood stained bandages.
They can see where my weakness lies.
They do not speak. Just stand in anticipation.
This has become a routine for them.



Combat commences like clockwork.



I have fought a thousand wars barehanded.
I have killed & I have conquered, but I have yet to be victorious.
The difference between now & then, though, is that I now I know I am strong enough to beat them.
So I will continue to fight every single day of my life because I am worth it and one day, I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment